During the Tour de France, does Phil Liggett have a chance to do any riding himself?
Answer, no. Which makes it hard for him to prepare for the annual Phil and Friends Challenge Ride…
Thoughts on bike commuting
- Downsides in cycling are really usually really upsides
- Do you reckon you could go 2000km on a 9 department store bike? Well, Steve George has on his Bike of Doom. You know, there is some sense in that—if you're going to leave a bike chained up in the street, it might as well be a shit heap.
- You know you're officially a bike commuter when...
Speaking of commuting, Cycle Chic - Copenhagen Girls on Bikes shows that Danish women cycle commute in style:
It's about bicycle culture in Copenhagen, Denmark. 35% of the population - 550,000 people - ride their bike to work or school each day. Bicycles are such an integral part of our culture and there are many aesthetic aspects on the streets at any given moment.
Perhaps we can inspire people in other countries to commute by bicycle or lobby for better bike conditions in their cities by providing a portrait of a city that lives and breathes bikes.
Fair enough, but it also seems a bit pervy on some level…
- I'm sure I've seen these 82 pictures of Amsterdam Bicycles before, but I don't think I've linked to them (until now…) [via MetaFilter]
- I'm not really a gadget nerd, but I've got to say the latest toys from Garmin—drool…
[Hmm, December release date—are you paying attention ?]
AU bike blogs
And finally a few more Australian bike blogs that have recently been revealed to me: