Great Ocean Road Classic on Vimeo
Not being part of the problem
How not to buy stolen bikes online: "There is no such thing as a free lunch or a cheap, expensive bike. If it looks dodgy, it is."
- The velomobile: high-tech bike or low-tech car?
- Velomobille + ice [twitterer]
- Pedal-powered hydrofoils!
Melbourne Gravel Grinders first ride is on next weekend at Hurstbridge.
The last word on lightweight mudguards
Wax it up and ride
Chain Waxing Revisited, "for the non-believers in the crowd".
Red light runners?
- Cycling Gypsies: "In July 2008 we quit our jobs, sold whatever couldn't fit on the back of our bikes and pedaled into the sunset with our two doggy co-pilots."
- "While Out Riding is a photo-story blog charting a bike journey south from Prudoe Bay, Alaska, along quiet dirt roads where possible. At the moment I'm not completely sure where I'll end up…"
Real leadership required
- Public transport for outer suburbs: Units not crucial
- It's crunch time for Melbourne: we need a congestion tax
- Beijing car restrictions backfire
- A critical review of the legal penalties for drivers who kill cyclists or pedestrians: "Every year as many pedestrian and cyclist fatalities occur on Britain's roads as all combined homicides"
- Mia Birk: "What do you see as the biggest obstacle to turning any city into a cycling city? Political will."
This "war on cars" thingy
- "War On Cars": A History [twitterer]
- In search of the famous 'war on motorists'
- The War On the Carless
Commuting and cyclocross
Have you ever considered a cyclocross bike for commuting?
Cyclocross racing and commuting have a few things in common. Both are for the hardy, attracting cyclists who don't mind riding in foul weather, over imperfect terrain or in adverse conditions.
- "Get off F—book and go ride a bike!"
- Want a safe place to raise kids? Look to the cities [twitterer]
- Aesthetic of the Impractical [Thanks tom]
- Bike Portage Strap
- Bamboo Bikes [Thanks woowoowoo]
- The Rael road bike concept includes accident recording technology. [Thanks tom]
Smart use of technology
The No Excuse Zone Map "shows the distance a healthy person can cycle within half an hour, to or from Melbourne's city centre".